July 27, 2015
My friend Carl Ollerer at Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, being in HR for many years, developed these protocols when interviewing for a job. These are excellent points and bound to make an impression with an interviewer!
Good Statements to Say in an Interview:
• I am flexible and will do whatever you need me to do.
• I like to learn new things.
• I like ______________________ and see it as a good career path for me.
• I have looked at your company’s website and saw _______________________ and that looks really interesting to me!
• Your company (or the job) looks like a great opportunity for me.
Typical Questions for you to ask in an Interview:
• What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
• How will my responsibilities and performance be measured and by whom?
• What would you say are the three most important skills required for this position?
• How does the company measure progress in the department?
• Could you please explain your organizational structure?
• What is this organization’s plan for the next five years?
• Do you feel that my skills and experience align with what you are looking for?
End the Interview with a Good Impression:
• Be courteous and let the interview end on time.
• Restate any strengths and experiences that you might not have emphasized earlier.
• Mention a particular accomplishment or activity that fits the job.
• If you want the job, say so!
• Ask: Do you feel my skills and experience align with what you are looking for?
What to do when you Start your New Job:
• Show up for work every day and on time (especially for the first 90 days).
• Safety first!
• Demonstrate positive attitude.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn new things.
• Demonstrate good technical skills and the ability to consistently produce quality product.