Resume Ideas from Job Search Booster
July 9, 2015
Applicant with little or no industry experience:
• Keep your job search objective short and direct.
Example: Seeking an internship with a respected Chicago area CNC Machining firm.
• Identify your school, major/minor, GPA. If you’ve already taken some industry-related classes, list them so the companies can gauge how far along you are in the sequence.
• List any industry work experience. Include company name, location, duration, role, project description, responsibilities. Be specific on your actual responsibilities. If you worked during the school year, identify the hours per week. Identify any industry-specific computer software you’re familiar with.
• List any non-industry work experience. Include organization name, location, duration, role, responsibilities. Be specific on your actual responsibilities. If you worked during the school year, identify the hours per week.
• Identify your extra-curricular activities. Within this list, describe any formal or informal leadership roles you had. Call out your specific contributions to the organization. In other words, how did you help to make the organization “better”?